Fenugreek leaves are widely used in authentic Indian cuisine.It is little tricky while using fenugreek in your dishes , due its own bitterness.It gives aroma and flavour to various dishes.
In order to reduce the bitterness of fresh fenugreek leaves ,I prefer to cut them into small pieces and sprinkle some salt all over them for 15 minuets.Later squeezed out the extra bitter juice from the fenugreek leaves.
As you all know that everyone loves to include potatoes in our meals.But we must be bored of eating same potato fry,boiled potatoes as our dishes. In order to bring a twist in our taste buds, I am going to share one my favourite potato recipe.
It takes around 15min to cook.Simple ,yet another easy recipe for you guys.Do try this recipe in your kitchen at least for once.
- Potatoes 🥔- 2 medium sized (peel off &cut into small cubes)
- Green peas- 1 cup (fresh)
- Fenugreek leaves- 1 cup (fresh)
- Tomatoes 🍅 -1 large (cut into small pieces)
- Onion- 1/2 sliced
- Oil- required amount
- Turmeric powder-2 tsp
- Red chilli powder 🌶 -2 tsp(change according to your spicy)
- Salt -For your taste
- Asafoetida powder- 1 tsp
- Garamond masala powder / ground all spices mix- 2tsp
- Coriander leaves-few leaves
- Take a dry and clean pan,place it on a medium flame
- Add required amount of oil (olive oil/any oil) into the pan, allow it heated up.
- When the oil is hot,First add potatoes into it.Allow them to fry until they become soft.
Do not over fry them.
- Add some salt and asafoetida powder to it.
Salt helps the potatoes to cook faster.
- Add onion into it , Allow them to become soft.
Don’t brown them.
- Later add the fenugreek leaves and sauté them very well.
Blanch them in salt water before adding.
- Add the green peas and mix well.Allow them to become cooked well.
- Then goes the colourful tomatoes
- into the recipe.
Cook until the tomatoes smashed well.
- Then goes the spices into your recipe.
- Add 2 tsp of turmeric,red chilli powder,garam masala powder/ground mix spices.
- Mix well
until the raw smell of spices goes away.
- When the raw smell of masalas goes away.Then add some water into it ,
Allow them to cook until they become soft .
- Check for your salt .
- Then add the 50 ml of
- into the pan.
- Let the gravy becomes semi- liquidity .
- Then off the flame
- Sprinkle some sliced coriander leaves on top of the gravy.
- Serve the green peas fenugreek potato mild curry 🍛 with your favourite rice🍚 or chapatti or wraps.
- Instead of fenugreek leaves,you can alter them with spinach or kale/ cilantro leaves.
- You can squeeze lime juice instead of adding tomatoes.
- Instead of green peas,you can include boiled chic peas .
Please do try this recipe in your kitchen,Do share your feedbacks and suggestions in the comment section below.